Followers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I don't need no stinkin' resolutions; I need some goals!

In 2007 I was pregnant with Leah, depressed, and eating like a starving hippo.  I gained a lot of weight, and I haven't really lost any of it.

I've been toying with the idea of losing weight for, oh, the last 4 years or so.  It's a nice thought; the thought of being skinnier.  I would usually toss it around in my head while eating chocolate and feeling sorry for myself over how fat I am.

And of course I'd complain to my soul mate about everything wrong with me.

Then one day, he came back with a zinger.

"I see on the debit card that you've been going to Taco Bell."  he said.
'yeah yeah,' my mind said, 'so ... it tastes good.'
"You know," he continued oblivious of my voices, "every time you go to a fast food restaurant or eat something not healthy you are making the choice to accept your weight and stay fat."

Dammit.
He's right.

That's how I have started on this journey of weight loss.  To help with it, I am very excited to join At the Pink of Perfection's and My Vickilicious Life's quest to the blogger's biggest loser.



Blogger's Biggest Loser

As a family we have decided to live the Paleo/Primal lifestyle.  In a nutshell, that means we eat like cavemen (i.e. hunter/gathers).  In the real world, that means we have given up mainly grains and pasta, refined sugars, beans, dairy, and focus on meats, good fats, and lots and lots of leafy veggies.  If you want to know more I highly recommend Mark Sisson at Mark's Daily Apple.

Now, down to the nitty gritty.

Today I weigh

Yuck, right.  Yuck.

By December 2012, I want to weigh 150 pounds.

So, to break this down in Zig Zigler / Dave Ramsey style:
December 2012 is about 11 months away which is about 48 weeks.
I want to lose 87.4 (88) pounds in 48 weeks.
That comes out to 1.8 pounds a week.
Round that up, and my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week.

Get that people?
2 pounds a week!
So totally do-able.

So, thanks to At the Pink of Perfection and My Vickilicious Life.  I will be here every other Tuesday updating on my weight loss journey.  On the other Tuesdays, I will be posting about my journey with the Primal diet.  So follow me, check out Mark, decide to live primal, and come back on the off Tuesdays to talk with me about it.

You know, if you want to.  :-p

p.s. if your wondering about my scale, I use the industrial super scale at work ... because that's how I roll, yo.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! 2lbs a week is a completely do able goal girl! And im going to be right here following along :)

    ReplyDelete

comments make the world go round, kind words make the sun shine, and nice thoughts make the rain fall ... what? the flowers have to grow somehow ...