Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Look! Scary!

I took a while off of blogging, so to get back in the habit I am participating in HopesandDreams 30 things.

2.  Describe three legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
so I've been listening to this podcast called the Mental Health Happy Hour and on the show they have a 'fear off' where the guest and a listener list fears back to back.  I think I tackle any one of their fear lists, lol.  So here's to three of them:

I'm afraid of being a bad parent.
While being a parent is very often hard and difficult, I'm afraid of messing my girls up.  Recently Leah (my 4 year old) has being having some anger issues.  I struggle with how to deal with her outbreaks because honestly I have anger issues myself.  I don't want her to be 26 and struggling with some things I struggle with, and yet it's still hard for me to discipline her.  I don't want her to lie on a couch one day and say 'it's all my mommy's fault'.

I'm afraid of bugs.
No really, like horribly, especially roaches.  Oh and spiders.  I will scream like I'm being attacked, run from a room, and creating a terrifying situation for a roach as big as my fingernail.  Andrew thinks it's either funny or self-building to force me to kill the bugs.  I don't think it's quite as amusing.

I'm afraid of being vulnerable.
I just want to be strong all the time.  No thank you, I got it, strong.  This is a fear I feel strongly about wanting to overcome.  Vulnerability is essential in a relationship and while I don't need to seem like a weepy girl to everyone I know, I do need to know who I can let my guard down to and open up all these deep and dark thoughts.

So, wonderful readers, tell me a fear.  What are you afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make the world go round, kind words make the sun shine, and nice thoughts make the rain fall ... what? the flowers have to grow somehow ...