Followers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Stalker

Tumblr_lj09ysknyo1qf5v6jo1_500_large


I am a self-proclaimed stalker; when it comes to the internet and blogs and such ... no I don't follow people around and spy over fences, but when it comes to blogs mainly I seem to stalk more than I comment.

It's not that I don't like the post or picture or person; I just have annoyances when it comes to commenting sometimes.

1. 'LOL' comments:
When I read something that is funny, but I don't really have any way to relate to it and I don't really have any similar story; I feel really dumb to click on the link only to say 'lol' or 'that's so funny'.  Duh, they knew it was funny when they typed it.

2. Un-personal comments:
I hate un-personal comments, you know the ones that look like they could have been copied and pasted even when they aren't.  These are bad when I'm browsing through picture posts, and I hate leaving comments that say 'that's a cool/awesome/fun picture'.  Oh, and also why I no longer participate in those 'hi, i stopped here now come see me and lets be friends' blog hops.

3.  I don't have anything to say:
Sometimes I read wonderful posts, and I just don't have anything to add.  So I don't even try.

4.  I'm lazy:
So the truth comes out too ... I mean to comment I'd have to click out of my reader, fight with this stupid work computer to not block 'personal sites', skim the article to remember what I wanted to write in the first place and then type it.  That's more work than just clicking on the next title.

Stalking does have it's downfalls.  I probably don't have as many readers as I could, and I don't expect as many comments, but that's cool with me.  I'm cool with people finding their way over here and now and again.  I need this to be a place more for me anyways.

But know, just because you don't see me popping up in your email doesn't mean I don't know what you did last weekend, your favorite movie and your dog's middle name.

4 comments:

  1. Im like that too sometimes. Occasionally I really loved the post but I dont have anything worth adding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm similarly guilty of all of the above! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! er... [crickets chirping]
    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, that cartoon made me giggle.

    And I have to admit, I am the same way! I follow SO. MANY. BLOGS. I wish I had enough time (or meaningful words) to comment on all of them.

    ReplyDelete

comments make the world go round, kind words make the sun shine, and nice thoughts make the rain fall ... what? the flowers have to grow somehow ...