Followers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Free Your Mind pt.2

These questions come from 50 Questions that will Free your Mind.

Free Your Mind pt.2


If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Helping people.  In college I dreamily talked about being a missionary, settling in a South American country, making friends with the locals, my kids enjoying the company of theirs, teaching them love, teaching them skills, teaching them salvation.


Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
Option c?  In between.  Both.  I'm settling for having a job that makes a decent pay, but with flexible hours and job secruity.  I'm doing what I believe in by raising my kids and being a mommy.  I think you can always do more of what you believe in.


If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I don't think I would.  Maybe a bit less lounge on the couch time, but probably not.


To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
Wow, this is a tough question.  Part of me wants to say none because God has controlled my path, but then a slightly bigger part wants to say a lot.  I think the main thing I did to control my path was getting knocked up. I became pregnant with Leah before I was married, and so many decisions in my life have resigned from that happening.  My life would probably be very different if that hadn't had happened, and I am in no way saying I regret it.

Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing things right; that's the perfectionist in me coming out again.  To a pretty large degree; I'm terrified of messing things up, even though I mess up every day.

1 comment:

  1. I'd have a hard time answering these questions! But, I sure am enjoying learning more about you :)

    ReplyDelete

comments make the world go round, kind words make the sun shine, and nice thoughts make the rain fall ... what? the flowers have to grow somehow ...