Followers

Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking Back: 12 months - 12 posts

It's the last day of 2010.  What a year this has been!  We have moved cities and states, changed jobs, moved into a house, changed blogs ... ok, so that's not the biggest thing ever, lol.

I first started blogging January 2010.  I jumped in head first, awed at what could happen in this wonderful community.  My first blog was Just Thinkin'.  I joined everything I could and got up to 330 followers, but I soon felt like that number was inflated.  I hardly got comments, and I also started really getting into photography ... so I started an offshot photography blog that got up to 60 followers.  Eventually, I felt the need to combine them and start a new place for myself, which was the birth of this blog.  Best decision ever!  I may not have the crazy numbers I had, but I have the loyalty that I wanted here.

I made a list of my favorite blog posts of 2010 and I'm linking up with Scary Mommy and you should too!
So, that being said; many of these posts are on Just Thinkin', but I still wrote them this year so they count.

My Favorite Posts of 2010:

January:
"Turn it Down" -- a cute story of Leah reacting to Audrey screaming her head off in the car.
Feburary:
"Quotable Sunday" -- one of my favorite quotes (I believe in Pink by Audrey Hepburn) with my pictures.
March:
"No one ever asked me..." -- this is my all-time favorite post.  It deals with the questions not asked when I became pregnant with Leah before I was married to Andrew.
April:
"The Identity of a Wife and Mom" -- my thoughts on being a working mom and how my ideals changed when I had kids
May:
"The Mysterious Shot Glass" -- a funny Mommy-brain moment
June:
"My Mr. Wonderful" -- a tribute to my husband on Father's Day
July:
"Talkin' To..." -- funny things Leah said and Andrew talking about peeing the pool
August:
"The Orange Hat" -- Andrew has had the same Orange hat for like 5 years and this post is filled with old and new pictures of him wearing the Orange Hat.
September:
"Where I'm From" -- this was a prompt from Red Writing Hood that I think came together so beautifully
October:
"The ABC's of Me" -- a fun way of introducing myself
November:
"Beauty in the Dirty" -- a 10 on 10 photo post of pictures I took at work; finding beauty in what I do everyday
December:
"Scavenger Hunt: Can you see the Wind?" -- 5 photos that I just love!

Do you have a favorite post of the last year?

Happy last day of 2010 friends!  I am so blessed that y'all read my little blog!

4 comments:

  1. I have to look back and see, what a great idea! I'll have to do this, this weekend.

    Thanks for stopping by, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to look back on your favorite photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is great I love seeing what everyone went through their past year.. Have a great last day of 2010.. Welcome in the New Year..

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice way to look back on the last year. hope 2011 is a good one for you too.

    ReplyDelete

comments make the world go round, kind words make the sun shine, and nice thoughts make the rain fall ... what? the flowers have to grow somehow ...