Followers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Kitchen


Two of my favorite people to stalk (i.e. -- read but rarely comment) have created a new meme, so I totally had to join.  Oh yeah, and they both live in Alabama!  Gotta love my fellow state dwellers.

Today's theme is 
"What's cooking? Kitchen Decor and Holiday Recipe Swap"
So ... here's my kitchen:
100_9252a
Seriously I did just fit 3/4 of my kitchen in a panoramic shot!  We live in an awesome 1950's house complete with its adorable (abiet small) 1950 style kitchen.

100_9253
our pantry (the other 1/4 of the kitchen not shown above)

and now ... some of my favorite kitchen decor features:
100_9268
This doll is part of two ... I have one and my mom has the other.  I gave them to her before I left for Nashville.  Her's says something about like "We are always close" and mine says "at heart".

I love my refrigerator:
100_9256100_9255

100_9257
(this is on the side of my fridge and is the words I strive to live by from a great friend who went to Heaven sooner than I think he should have ...)

Another favorite ... my coffee rug and 1950's floor!
100_9263


and now for the recipe portion

Honestly ... I didn't really know what to put here because I can't don't cook (but really ... I can't cook).  My husband cooks the turkey and the stuffing and the gravy and everything else, and I complement him on how amazingly wonderful it tastes.  But, Andrew did remind me of this spinach dip thing I made one year ... and if I can make it; you can make it too!

Spinach Dip
10 oz fresh baby spinach, steamed until wilted
1 cup plain fat-free yogurt, drained of water
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice

Place wilted spinach in a colander and squeeze out excess water.  Chop finely and place in a medium bowl.  Stir yogurt and cream cheese together until smooth.  Add to spinach.  Stir in ingredients and blend.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy with bagel chips!

What's the favorite part of your kitchen?

2 comments:

  1. Checking in from Home Tour Tuesday!! I live in Nashville as well!! Ive grown up here, and LOVE it! Im a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of my kitchen is my bookshelf with all my cookbooks on it!

    ReplyDelete

comments make the world go round, kind words make the sun shine, and nice thoughts make the rain fall ... what? the flowers have to grow somehow ...